Featured Post

"Britican" - Britishisms, Translated into American, by Toria Burrell

A British to American-English Dictionary Copyright (c) 1997-2023 Victoria Burrell-Hrencecin. I started writing this dictionary of B...

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Conducting the Chicago Chamber Choir at their Reunion Concert, February 2022

On Sunday February 27th, 2022, I had the great honor of being invited back to conduct the Chicago Chamber Choir again, at their big 25th Anniversary Reunion Concert. I decided to direct one of my own choral works, "How the Sun Rose", a setting of an Emily Dickinson poem.

This link will take you directly to the start of "my" section, in the 2nd half of the (2 hour) concert:

Before conducting my piece, I gave a little speech about my role as the choir's founder, my involvement with the CCC over the years, and my reasons for choosing to conduct this piece.

This was the Chicago Chamber Choir's long awaited Reunion Concert, featuring me as the founder and former director, and other past conductors from the choir’s history and a choir of CCC alumni from the past 26 years.

It was a wonderful experience. I was humbled to be up there conducting the CCC and sharing the stage with Chris Windle, Timm Adams and Amy Keipert, the other former and current conductors! And I was thrilled to have quite a few friends in the audience supporting me, as well as getting to meet up with old friends from the Chicago Chamber Choir again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts